Business AnalysisDon't be reactive, be proactive towards quality improvement
Quality from Day 1
We approach quality with an end-to-end quality framework which assures quality right from the beginning. Business Analysis is the starting point of ensuring that quality is embedded in the foundation of building a software product. Traditional quality assurance starts only with the test phase which is reactive and might be very expensive. Quality can be taken care of in a more proactive way, in the business analysis phase, thereby leading to substantial cost savings.
By definition, requirements and conformance to what the user expects from a software or process is fundamental to any good quality software product.
We follow a Business Analysis Framework based on BABOK standards to achieve this. As per BABOK there are six knowledge areas that a Business Analyst must focus on:
- Enterprise Analysis (Identify business problems, opportunities or needs and define business architecture)
- Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring (Influence scoping and prioritization of features, sprints and stories)
- Elicitation (Collaborate with business and technical SME’s)
- Requirements Analysis (Unfold the architecture, requirements and business rules)
- Requirement Management and Communication (Manage repository of requirements)
- Solution Assessment and Validation (Ensure the solution meets the stated requirements)
We ensure that for all the projects, we adhere to these knowledge areas, as each of them adds value to the process of achieving quality in terms of meeting customer expectations.
All our Business Analysis offerings are compliant with BABOK 3.0 (Business Analysis Body of Knowledge)
- Business Analysis/Requirements Maturity assessment,
- Business Analysis Managed Services,
- Business Case Development,
- Requirements engineering – Functional and Non-functional (elicitation, analysis, documentation, validation, management),
- Business/Technology Change management,
- Fit-Gap Analysis
Which helps you to manage:
- Business and IT architecture aspects to facilitate seamless solution integration,
- Building and proposing software solutions that are aligned to strategic goals,
- Gaining competitive advantage with high quality software solutions,
- Extensive stakeholder analysis to ensure completeness of stakeholder requirements,
- Improve Business process efficiency with relevant solution design,
- Scope creep issues due to inefficient requirements gathering which impact budgets and deliveries,
- Inadequate requirement specifications, which impact the quality of design, development and test phase,
- Poor end user experience again due to inefficient requirements gathering which leads to low customer satisfaction regarding the quality of the product,
- Avoid rework which cause delays in the delivery of a product
q-leap’s outstanding expertise in requirements and process engineering, combined with a deep technical understanding of software testing and QA aspects, have lead to spectacular quality enhancements and cost reductions in one of our key IT-projects.
While migrating from a traditional IT infrastructure to a virtualized cloud solution, the assistance of q-leap has been highly valuable for our company. Establishing an inventory of the existing IT service quality landscape, defining future service quality criteria and setting up the appropriate monitoring systems by their experts has substantially reduced the project risk and eased the transition process.
AVP Solution Architect
The Classification Tree Method (CTM) proposed by q-leap enabled a prioritization of the tests to be carried out considering the short deadlines. Their collaboration, support and knowledge during the test execution allowed our Sales teams in Belgium to acquire sufficient autonomy to manage, by themselves, the next test phases.